Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

MICHELLE'S MEMENTO'S ...

Here is Michelle's contribution to BOM Challenge No. 15 - Boy do I wish I had all of her memento's - such special reminders of the special people in her life ... you are soooo lucky, Michelle and I am glad you got to document this important story ...

P.S. Sorry it took me so long to post ....

This is a documentation of these special memento's ...

Left page of layout:
Next to the doll - My Great Aunt Mary made all the clothes for this doll by hand. There is so much detail and all the seams and tucks were hand stitched.

Bottom left next to the earings - These earings were from my Great Aunt Mary. They are special to me because they came from her. Not quite my style.

Top right - I really like Imbuia ball and claw furniture and I got this cabinet from Dereck's mom.
Bottom right - Antique brooch and eternity ring. I got this from my Great Aunt Mary who lived in Eastbourne in England.

Bottom middle - Old fashioned engagement ring with 4 small diamonds. Sentimental as I got this from my Great Aunt Anne who lives in Canada.

Right page of layout:
Top left - The complete mini set of Shakespeare books. I got this from my Great Gran, Gagga who I never got to meet. She lived in Scotland.

Top right - Pastel tea set is what I got from my Gran Farquharson. She loved her tea and this reminds me so much of her. Too nice to use.

Middle - The desk I got from my Grandpa Farquharson and it has pride of place in my craft room. He always had lots of piles on it, but he alwys knew where things were.

Left - Bangles - a fond memory of my Gran Enger was the jingly sound of her bangles. Each grand daughter got one and I had mine melted down to make two.

Bottom - This Moorcroft bowl is a collectors item and is special because it came from my Gran Engler.

Bottom right - The green enamel pot is from Dereck's mom. Not to keep, but to make her famous ginger pudding.
Ok, now I am seriously embarrassed that I am so way behind on my BOM Challenges - will have to find some kind of motivation to get myself back on track ... mmm ... give me some ideas ...
Will post next Challenge shortly ...
Love,

No comments: