Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

I AM SO {NOT} GOING TO BE MARTHA STEWART ... seems it's bad for your health ...

The Girl in a Whirl (originally by Vicki Gunther)

Look at me, look at me, look at me now!
You could do what I do if you only knew how.
I scrapbook my memories one hour each day;
I bake, I upholster, I scrub, and I pray.
I straighten my craft room nicely and neatly;
I speak to my little ones gently and sweetly.
I help in their classrooms! I sew all they wear!
I drive them to practice! I cut all their hair!
On all their school subjects I am an authority;
I teach them to organize life by priority.
I draw and I paint! I bless with my talents!
My toilets all sparkle! My checkbooks all balance!
Each week every child gets a one-on-one date;
I attend all my meetings (on time! never late!)
I'm practicing my serve of the tennis ball,
But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all ...

I track my bad habits 'til each is abolished;
Our bed sheets are ironed! My toenails are polished!
Our family get togethers are always delightful;
I teach my children lessons both fun and insightful.
I do exercise faithfully, too.
It's easy to do all the things that I do!
I rise each day early, refreshed and awake;
I take my friends the things that I bake!
I read to my children! I help all my neighbors!
I bless the community, too, with my labors.
I grow herbs and I cook menus gourmet;
I never procrastinate, I never delay!
I chart resolutions and check off each goal;
Each night I take my husband for a nice stroll.
I can home-grow produce each summer and fall.
But that is not all! Oh, no. That is not all ...

I write in my journal! I conduct a youth choir!
Each day, I write 'thank you's' to those I admire.
My kids will be responsible by the age of fourteen!
They all get straight A's! And their bedrooms are clean!
I have a home business to help make some money;
I always look beautifully groomed for my honey.
I go to the gym at least once a week;
I change the car's tires! I fix the sink's leak!
I grind my own wheat and I bake all our bread;
I have all our meals planned out six months ahead.
keep our pantry stocked with every supply;
My shopping for Christmas is done by July!


That is what the girl said, then she dropped dead!

... tee hee ...

Love,

3 comments:

jacki janse van rensburg said...

that is so funny - a poem about me!

seriously, i know girls like that...

i am totally stealing that, and putting it on my blog too. :-)

thanks for the smile.

Michelle Ramsay said...

Ha ha, I do quite a lot of those things, but I also live life - thanks for sharing.

Beryldene said...

ahem....(sheepish)...um...i ticked quite a few of the ..um boxes...(blush)...I am SO turning over a new FOREST - TOMORROW!!!!!!