Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

IT'S BEEN A WHILE ....

I haven't shared anything majorly significant in quite a while ... ok, scrapbooking is significant to me ... I'm not obsessed or addicted or anything ... ok, I am ... but that is not all I do with my time ... Heaven forbid ... Greg would not be happy - it's enough that it clutters the house completely ... it hides in every corner for real .... but I think my scrapping ALL THE TIME would drive him mental ....

Anyway, what can I tell you about life ...

It's good!! for just about the most part .... I have been battling a sore back for about a month and a half ... it's kind of a recurring thing - OLD AGE??? I dare not admit to that!!! I will not give in ... tee hee ... But boy have I been sore ... it's debilitating I tell you ... I can't stand for too long ... I can't sit for too long (like more than 10 minutes at a time) ... I can't walk too far ... I can lie down for a while and rest my back, which helps tremendously BUT I cannot lie down ALL DAY ... hell no!!!  I'm going CRAZY ... I have only recently started taking anti-inflammatories and painkillers (I resisted for too long ...) and they do help a bit ... I also went for some physio - I know I need more but to get there ... sigh ... BUT I am healthy otherwise (brainwise too for a change ... tee hee ...) and I have so very much to be grateful for ...

We are in the process (it's a loooong process I tell you) of selling our home ... I'm sad about this ... but bigger and better is on it's way (or so Greg keeps reminding me) ... We have put in an offer to purchase a Farm ... um .... yess .... you heard right ... A FARM ... I will be a Farmgirl ... I will not "farm" anything but I will be living there and I WILL BE HAPPY ... I WILL ... I WILL ... No, seriously, a small part of me is looking forward to it - it's a change and maybe a needed one at that ... Greg is really serious about this and he really wants it so I will move mountains (well, at least from the City into the Country) for him ... But selling is a mission ... grrrr ... I say no more .... except another grrrrrrr .... Another "good" thing is coming out of it ... I am de-cluttering and tidying and that soothes my soul like you can't believe ...

Bryce is playing rugby for Collegians Club (they call themselves the "Colts") and he is loving it - he has his first match this Sunday so hopefully loads of pics and loads of FUN!!  I think he loves the whole vibe at Collegians too because it is the Sharks training ground and he often sees a "celeb" or two ... he is crazy about this sport and, although I am very nervous when he is on the field (the injuries .... my NERVES - last weekend at Glenwood, one boy broke his collarbone and another snapped his ankle ... hectic ...) I love that he is passionate about this sport ... We are trying to keep him fit so that the injuries are less .... - I don't know ... less something I hope ...

Greg and Bryce have started gym ... Greg had a consult with a Gym instructor and they weighed and measured and whatevered him and the result was that he has 22% body fat .... WHAT??? Come on ... CRAZY ... he is a sleek racing snake ... tee hee (I need points GF's - I need some more scrappy stuff ... tee hee ...).  He is horrified but all I can say is that if he has 22% I am like "doomed" ...

I plan to start walking soon - well, as soon as my back is ok ... I reckon that is all the exercise I want to do ... I am NOT a sleek racing snake - more like a cuddly (I was going to say Grizzly ... tee hee) Teddy Bear ... and sometimes ... when my curly hair is frizzy ... I am a well-worn teddy bear ... tee hee ...

I am really immensely proud of Greg - he has taken a small electrical business and made it a force to be reckoned with (with his partner, of course) - they are doing so well and I am so happy for him ... he works so hard and deserves success ... He deserves the early retirement he wants (as for me, when he retires I will go back to work ... enough said ...).  He needs to be busy all the time so an early retirement will be interesting to say the least.  Maybe we can retire in luxury ... like with a chef ... that is all I ask of this glorious life - A CHEF - I can't bear everyday cooking ... sigh ...

Bryce is enjoying his first year of high school and is coping well ... he is LAZY but I hope I have lit a little fire beneath his butt for the last two terms (a little monetary incentive works wonders .... or so "they" tell me ... tee hee ...).  He is so tall - my baby is almost all grown up (sob).  I think he is as tall as Greg (6"2') and still growing a little I think - he is only 13 so I am sure he will grow a little more ... He has facial hair - he is so too young to shave ... my BABY ... so I take him for a wax every so often - poor kid ... the first time he had a wax he told me his eyeballs were connected to his facial hairs ... welcome to the real world, BABY ... tee hee ...

He is such an amazing kid ... so sweet - still holds my hands in a shopping centre - aaaahhh ... and still tells me he loves me everyday ... OH YES, he has att-ti-tude and mood swings like nobody's business, too .... but for the most part, he is a JOY and the light of my everyday ....  And one of the best parts is that he soooo much like Greg - how can I not love him???  Even the stubbornness ... I live with it ... pray for me, girls .... (tee hee) ...  He has learnt to respect and take care of women from his daddy, who has shown him by awesome example ... I LOVE THESE BOYS ... how lucky am I???

I am working on a few business plans - scrappy and decor-related of course ... I'll tell you about that soon ...

I want to learn how to crochet ...

I have been in a slump scrappy-wise - I think my teenaged-son stole my mojo as revenge for the punishment he had for being cheeky to me ... but I seem to be coming out of it ... It's soooo frustrating because I have so many deadlines and projects due and not enough time and not enough mojo ...

One deadline is especially exciting for me as I will be hosting the Imaginisce blog on the 30th July ...  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pop in then and say hi to me at Imaginisce ... I have some awesome inspiration for you too ...

I am loving my kitties even more than ever ... some of you may know that I have never been a "CAT" person but after having gotten my two little babies, I am a cat-lover for sure .... they are mischievous and their litter boxes drive me crazy .... but they are gorgeous and affectionate (mostly) and responsive and ... oh, I love them ... will post pics soon ...

Oh, and before I go, I also have a "secret" related to the Scrapbooking Convention in September - I am sooo excited for this ...

Ok, will try and blog more often but I think this is information overload for y'all so I'll say goodbye for now - chat soon!!

Love,

3 comments:

Sophia said...

WOW, you have had a lot going on...no wonder you been quiet tee hee...

Looking forward to some of the exciting things about to happen soon too.

I hope you sell your house real soon...it will be fine, promise!!!

Amanda Dovey said...

Hey Girl!!! thanks for the catch up!! so much to say... the house will go & I will have to visit the farm!!, I also want to learn to Crochet for sure, glad your head is feeling better [despite the fact it's moved to your back], and the news about scrapbookex??????? do tell!!! and looking forward to you hosting Imaginisce soon!!! post on your blog to remind us ;-) xxxx

linda said...

Been reading for a while but my first comment. Take care of your back, and be kind to yourself.