Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I DID THIS FOR THE ENVIRONMENT ...

Okay, I can see that even trying to complete 5 tasks a week towards a better environment is pretty tough - it's a mindset for one and one needs to consciously think about change in order to make the change ... tougher than I thought but this is what I have accomplished ...

Bryce and I planted some flowers in pots on the weekend - he found grubs - ewww - and insisted on keeping them - I, of course, shrieked like a mad woman and insisted he keep them outside so we have a shoebox in the middle of the garden with icky grubs inside - BUT we really connected whilst in the garden (up until the grubs that is ... ewwwww ....). FYI - Greg and I spent 10 minutes watering the garden when he got home from work last night and just chatted about his day - it was so good ...

I have NOT overfilled the kettle this last week - think I have this one taped ...

I HAVE switched off the running water when brushing my teeth - slipped up a couple of times but will keep at this one ....

I let more than 1 car in in every journey this last week - this was EASY and it made me feel good ... AND I did not swear at anyone in the traffic this week ... THAT is a major accomplishment ... tee hee ...

I have not completed the following so will carry these over ... sigh ... gonna be a busy gal this next week ...

  1. Take the stairs - damn, gonna have to find me some stairs to climb but I don't think it counts if I have to contrive to make it work ...
  2. Love where you live - am gonna walk around the neighbourhood this next week ...
  3. Look closer - I have been pretty comatose this last week - will have to make more of an effort ...
And here is my new list ...

  1. Don't start a war - if you knew how full my house was with houseguests and storage stuff whilst we are building my mom's granny flat out back you would understand my pain ...
  2. Talk rubbish to your parents - this is a tough one for me - I HATE to sit and talk rubbish - would rather peel onions ...
  3. Walk my mom - she so needs to get her health back - slowly does it ...
  4. Avoid waste - I buy too much and end up throwing it out - sooooo bad - going to work especially hard on this one ...
  5. Smile when you answer the phone - okay, this is an easy one - have to put in one easy one so that I can accomplish at LEAST one task every week ... tee hee ...
  6. Take the stairs (carried over)
  7. Love where you live (carried over)
  8. Look closer (carried over)
So that's me for the week - my footprint is still evident BUT slightly faded ...

Enjoy the week ahead ...

Love,

No comments: